Patient Participation Group
Our Patient Participation Group exists to encourage improved two-way communication and feedback between Thorkhill patients and Thorkhill Surgery staff.
The PPG is run by Thorkhill patients to benefit Thorkhill patients and Thorkhill staff, but it’s your PPG. So we now need to hear from you about what matters to you to help improve the services the surgery provides.
Become a PPG Member
We’re always looking for people to join our team. You may have a lot of spare time or only a little time but we’d still love to hear from you.
There’s no obligation at all, but do spare a minute to register with the PPG.
Thorkhill PPG has no access to your confidential medical records.
- To encourage better two-way communication and feedback between Thorkhill patients and Thorkhill staff, both medical and administrative.
- To provide better sharing of information between practice staff and patients.
- To give practical support to the surgery.
- To encourage patients with positive ideas to join and contribute to developing the work of Thorkhill PPG and Thorkhill Surgery.
- To help to encourage two-way feedback between patients and staff to enable the maintenance of good standards of service provided by the surgery.
- To be realistic about what can be achieved at local level, but still to identify those often small changes that can make a big difference.
- To work constructively and in a practical way to help identify solutions and to work in partnership with the surgery, as well as with other relevant external organisations.
- To help raise funds towards the purchase of additional equipment that may be requested by the professional medical team identified as being of benefit to Thorkhill patients.
Your PPG is not intended to be a channel for responding to specific personal medical issues.
- Thorkhill PPG set up from no previous base
- Regular meetings between Thorkhill PPG Committee and Thorkhill GPs
- Thorkhill website fully revised and updated
- Thorkhill PPG section created for website
- Writing and distribution of newsletters
- Campaigning for more patients to sign up to GP online digital services
- Writing, designing, distributing PPG recruitment leaflets and posters
- Permanent fundraising project in the waiting room
- Thorkhill “GoFundMe” PPG fundraising website set up
- Ensuring regular supply of donated books and DVDs for fundraising
- Setting up Thorkhill PPG Lloyds Business bank account
- Purchase/donation of Electrocardiogram (ECG) machine through fundraising
- Increasing the number and availability of GP online appointments
- Elmbridge Social services information boards for waiting room
- Meetings with local pharmacies
- Meetings with other PPGs for learning purposes
- Contacts with Surrey Healthwatch
- Digital Briefing event with Surrey Heartlands Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG)
- Monitoring quantity/quality of leaflets and information in waiting room
- Correspondence with Kingston Hospital on appointment issues
- Affiliation to National Association for Patient Participation
- Participation in Thorkhill Care Quality Commission (CQC) Inspection